Monday 14 September 2009

Iced Lily

I am always trying to challenge myself with new techiques & ideas. My last challenge was to use my own blown shards (and use them effectively) in my work. 

I think/hope I have succeeded. The next challenge is using Murrini in my work. Making them is a little above me at the mo! 
Murrine are little pieces/slabs of glass containing anything from a fish, to a face to a heart.
The one I chose are gorgeous little lilies, and here is what I made:



I will continue experimenting and let you know how I get on.

5 comments:

Eve Smith said...

These are so so gorgeous, i will be putting in a commission for some of these when io get back from my hols, as i really am trying to be good, i have ran out of loads of findings etc, so i will be ordering when i get back.

Sue Doran said...

Wow, those are lovely, lovely beads! I too have been trying to make murrini recently (and failed!) I'll be giving it another go soon. In the meantime, I've ordered some pre-made ones from Lori in the US.

Mel P said...

I LOVE this bead!

by keiara - lampwork beads said...

1. No hoping necessary.. your shard beads are AMAZING!

2. Love these murrini beads too :)

x

lampworkBLOG said...

good morn Clare..
they do look like ice candy..
love this look...
have a wonderful weekend
mona & the girls